Yes, Cedar Architect provides a feature called Zones for this. Zones allow to create an area within a surface for a different materials.
Some examples of use:
- Wainscot: to create an area of brick on an exterior wall with siding.
- Two-toned colored walls
- Floor with an inset material
- Inlays for tile surfaces
- Zones are resizable surfaces that are applied to other surfaces. To add a material Zone:
- Click Materials from the main design menu at the top.
- Select Zone from the design tools on the left. Shapes will appear below for both floors and walls.
- Select either a zone shape for walls or floors.
- Position the zone shape on the floor or wall, click the left mouse button to place.
- Select a material and apply it to the zone.
NOTE: Zones can only be selected, edited, deleted while in the 'zones' command.